About

Founded in 1866 as the St. Pinnock Temperance Band of Hope, St. Pinnock Band is one of the oldest surviving brass bands in Cornwall.
Drawn mostly from the workers of the Lead mines and Gunpowder mills in the area, the bands first members wore as a uniform just a peaked cap and a Blue sash, the latter to show they had all taken “the pledge” to renounce the “Demon Drink”.

Current band members are mostly grateful that neither the cap, nor pledge are required today.

More of the band’s history will be added soon.